Friday, October 28, 2011

So my sister pointed out...

that we'd fallen off the blogging wagon already. Shame, shame on us. But it wasn't because we were snuggled up watching Netflix, no, we're hard at work around here!

More things are done:

Financial statements filled out and sent
Physicals for all 3 of us, just waiting on the return of lab reports
Painting with the help of my awesome in-laws
More trips to Goodwill
Homeschooling
General life-upkeep
And lots and lots of photography work

There are only a few minor documents that are outstanding and then our end of this homestudy is done. Can't believe how quickly it's gone, but I'm also unsure how anyone complete sone with a full time job.

So wowzer, it's all looking like we'll have our Homestudy report  in about 3 1/2 weeks, at which point we'll just be finishing up the profile building with our agency, and then ready to activate! That part is harder, because I don't exist in photographic form actually DOING anything, since I am the photographer. So we are going to employ the help of some talented friends (I have so many talented friends), to document some of our lives, so that an expectant Mom and Dad can see what we look like as a family and couple, and not just my handsome husband and beautiful daughter. 

I've been so touched by the outpouring of love from friends - the excitement - about this new adventure. Baby gear is trickling in as people are putting aside the things they no longer need, there have been donations to the adoption fund, and friends are helping with childcare for meetings, house renovations, and offering listening ears when I want to vent or ask advice. I do feel like I'm "paper pregnant", even though I don't know how long we'll be waiting for this little one to arrive, or how he or she will come. Such a happy mystery.

I'll poke dear husband to write soon, if I can spare him.

No comments:

Post a Comment